GOODYEAR MALAYSIA WORRY FREE ASSURANCE
GOODYEAR WORRY FREE ASSURANCE
Goodyear Worry Free Assurance is a road hazard warranty program offered by Goodyear Malaysia with every purchase of Goodyear Consumer Tyre. We offer warranty to our tyres against irreparable road hazard damages to ensure our customers get a peace of mind and a worry-free experience with Goodyear tyres.
GOODYEAR WORRY FREE ASSURANCE BENEFITS
Goodyear’s Worry Free Assurance Program is our commitment to give you a better purchase and driving experience, which includes replacing tyres that are beyond repair and 0% interest free instalment plan upon purchase with selected credit cards.
Benefits of the Goodyear Worry Free Assurance Membership Card
- 5-year Goodyear Limited Warranty
- We know you want to get the most out of your tyres. That’s why we confidently offer a 5-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
- 6-months Road Hazard Warranty*
- Enjoy free replacement tyres in the event of road hazard damages (potholes or punctures from sharp objects such as nails) that is beyond repair.
- *Applicable for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5, Goodyear Eagle EfficientGrip, Goodyear Assurance TripleMax, Goodyear Optilife, Goodyear EfficientGrip SUV, Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance SUV, Goodyear Wrangler TripleMax and all Goodyear RunOnFlat tyres.
- Easy ownership with a 0% interest installment plan*
- Enjoy 0% interest payment plans for up to 12 months for tyres covered by the Worry Free Assurance Program.*Available at selected Goodyear Autocare/Servitekar dealers.
How to get your Goodyear Worry Free Assurance Warranty:
- For every purchase of at least two (2) eligible tyres of the same size and pattern that is under the Goodyear Worry Free Assurance Program, the customer is entitled to the program which they can enjoy all applicable benefits of the program. This program is not applicable to tyres used in vehicles for commercial purposes and or public utility vehicles such as, but not limited to, taxi and car rental vehicles.
- Upon purchase of the eligible Goodyear Worry Free Assurance pattern tyres at any authorized Goodyear participating outlet, customer will be given the Goodyear Worry Free Assurance card.
- To activate the Goodyear Worry Free Assurance Membership card, customer should register the card online at goodyear.com.my. The following information will be needed:
- Complete Name of Vehicle Owner
- Vehicle Plate Number
- Vehicle Make, Model and Year
- Email Address
- Contact Number/s
- Worry Free Assurance Warranty Card number
- Tyre Details
- Goodyear Autocare/ Servitekar Outlet Details
- Digital copy of Proof of Purchase (Sales Invoice or Official Receipt)
- In any circumstances that customer is provided a manual warranty card, please ensure that all information are fill up by customer themselves and the original copy is kept in the car for future claiming purpose. All information will be transferred to Goodyear system and customer will receive email as future communication.
- Customer is advised to read all the mechanics, terms and conditions, inclusions and exclusions pertaining to the program by visiting goodyear.com.my
- For inquiries, customer can call the Goodyear General Line: 03-5520 3200
0% INTEREST INSTALLMENT PLANS
- For easy ownership of Goodyear tyres, a 0% interest payment plan for up to 12 months is available for eligible tyres under the Worry Free Assurance Program.
- This is available for all Maybank credit card holders in participating Goodyear Autocare/ Servitekar Outlets.
*Goodyear Limited Warranty / Manufacturer’s Warranty –
Goodyear tyres are, unless stated otherwise, warranted against workmanship and material or design related conditions throughout their first tread life (new tyres) down to the local official remaining nonskid/TWI for the following period of time.
All Goodyear tyres bearing Goodyear’s serial number which are within 5 years from the date of manufacture are covered by warranty during original tread life from defects in workmanship and materials which render the tyre unserviceable.
If our examination shows such product has a condition due to defects in workmanship and materials, under the terms of this warranty, we will make a fair and reasonable allowance in the purchase of a new similar Goodyear product. Any such allowance on the tyre will be based on the average tread wear remaining.
**Road Hazard Warranty –
Goodyear Malaysia guarantees eligible tyres purchased locally if damaged beyond repair caused by puncture, cut, bruise, or impact break in the normal course of driving on a maintained road. Goodyear Malaysia will compensate or provide allowance for the affected tyre/s after careful examination of a Goodyear Technical Associate. Compensation will be based on the remaining tread depth computation in the duration of SIX (6) months year from date of purchase.
NOTE: ALL WARRANTIES will be acknowledged once the end-customer will provide original copies of their proof of purchase (Sales Invoice, Official Receipt) of the tyre/s of issue.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM:
- All Goodyear consumer tyres bearing valid serial numbers are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship. Damaged tyres must be presented to a Goodyear Autocare/ Servitekar outlet along with original copies of proof of purchase (sales invoice / official receipt) and warranty card for inspection and thorough analysis. Inspection will be undertaken by a Goodyear Technical Associate.
- If the damage is found to be the result of a manufacturing defect, the tyre will be considered under warranty, provided the age of the tyre falls within a required period (refer to types of warranty). Goodyear will then provide credit against a purchase of a new tyre with the same size and design (or a comparable tyre, which is an equivalent design or model with the same size construction and quality level). The credit value will depend on the tread depth remaining.
- Credit computation will be based on the assessed value of the remaining original tread of the damaged tyre using the original invoice price as reference.
- Customer will fill out and sign a standard claim form to facilitate processing of credit. Subsequently, Warranty Card will be returned to the customer after processing of warranty if card corresponds to more than one tyre.
- If the tyre is found not to be defective or not caused by a manufacturing defect, the Goodyear Technical Associate, will return the tyre to the customer, formally explaining why the tyre has been classified as such.
- Please seek the assistance of a Goodyear Technical Associate from any Goodyear Autocare/ Servitekar outlet to determine what constitutes a manufacturing and a non-manufacturing defect and other details about tyre warranty. You may also visit goodyear.com.my for more details.
- Tampering of any kind on Goodyear products automatically invalidates the warranty (e.g., tampered serial number, ply rating, size of tyre, etc.).
- All replaced tyres shall be surrendered to the Goodyear Autocare/ Servitekar outlet and become the property of Goodyear Malaysia, Inc.
- Tyre damage analysis and assigned credit value determined by Goodyear remain final.
- Only tyres purchased in authorized Goodyear retail outlets in the Malaysia are eligible for warranty.
EXCLUSIONS / LIMITATIONS FOR GOODYEAR LIMITED AND MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY:
- Road hazard damages caused by obstacles or debris, such as cuts, punctures (regardless if repairable or not)
- Improper mounting and dismounting of the tyre, imbalance of tyre and wheel
- Wrong or improper repair
- Under inflation, over inflation, improper tyre maintenance
- Mechanical irregularities in the vehicle like wheel misalignment, faulty shock absorbers and brakes
- Tyres used in motorsports like racing and the like
- Tyres used in wrong application (on-road tyre used in off-road)
- Tyres fitted with incompatible or improper valves, rims or wheels
- Improper storage
- Tyres bought second hand
- Accident, fire, tyre alteration or vandalism
- Tyres purchased from unauthorized channels or dealers
- Tyres used on vehicles for commercial purpose or public utility including but not limited to taxi or car rental services
EXCLUSIONS / LIMITATIONS FOR GOODYEAR ROAD HAZARD WARRANTY:
- If the tyre suffered Road Hazard Damage during the period of >0mm of its original tread depth and/or during 6 months from the date of purchase (whichever comes first), Goodyear will replace it with a new tyre of the same size and design without cost
- Goodyear WFA program will be valid within 6 months from the date of purchase provided that the remaining tread depth is more than 6.0 mm
- The following tyres are not covered under this warranty:
- Tyres used on wrong type of vehicles (misapplication)
- Tyres with uneven wear caused by mechanical problem of vehicle
- Tyres used on vehicles for commercial purpose or public utility including but not limited to taxi and car rental services
*Goodyear Malaysia reserves the right to change, amend, modify, suspend, continue or terminate all or any part of the Warranty Programs at any time without prior notice. Please check the Goodyear Malaysia website and the Worry Free Assurance page for any amendment.